Level of study
Australia Awards scholarships provide citizens of Laos with the opportunity to obtain a qualification at an Australian tertiary institution.
Awards will be offered for commencement in 2022 within the following allocations:
- Vocational Education and Training (VET): diploma and advanced diploma,
- Masters Degree, and
- Doctorate Degree (PhD).
While applicants may nominate their preferred level of study, the final decision on which level of study to be offered will be determined by the selection panel.
Fields of Study Supported by the AAS
In recognition of the genuine development challenges across all sectors in Laos, applications are encouraged from all fields of study, except for general business course and education management.
Applicants should select courses that align with their experience and qualifications or provide a strong justification for courses that represent a shift in career focus or direction.
Priority of study for Laos
The governments of Australia and Laos regularly review the list of priority fields of study together and adjust the emphasis of the program.
For Intake 2022, field of studies for Laos reflect the Laos COVID-19 Development Response Plan the priority fields of study of the Lao Government.
- Health Security: public health, emergency operation management, communicable disease outbreak management, epidemiology, linkages between human and animal health and gender-based health care;
- Stability: basic education, stability in food and water supply, water resource management, human rights, gender equality, disability and social inclusion; and
- Economic Recovery: public financial management and economic governance, international trade and infrastructure management
- Sustainable Environment: environmental management, disaster management, forest and wildlife conservation and forestry resource management.